Monday, September 21, 2009
I don't have much time to spend writing entertaining stories from the weekend (OH, and there are some good ones) but my friend, Cristina sent this to me and I thought it was great! Because that's how I roll right now.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Things are not the completely settled and unpacked but I do have the kitchen mostly done. I got a cute curtain for the kitchen window at my favorite country store Country Junction. This seemed to be the catalyst I needed to get this room done.
Here is the kitchen table area
So that's the apartment stuff. As I finish other rooms, I'll share. I'm just happy I can once again cook at home and relax on the couch if I need to. Everything else will come in time....
In other news my stitches are out of my finger but it's not completely healed yet. I am still sporting a band aid and Neosporin. I'm considering it my fall look. :)
Sunday, September 6, 2009
I reached to open a drawer and the knob broke off. Right onto my middle finger. Apparently the knobs are porcelain and they are really sharp. It cut my pretty deep and I took one look at it and knew I needed stitches. Cristina came over to give me a second opinion. Her vote was yes, stitches were indeed in order. There went my morning of unpacking. Dang.
I grabbed some gauze pads to control the bleeding and stopped in at WW to get weighed. I lost 1.2 lbs this week. (It may have been been the blood loss) and then Cristina treated me to some coffee before I set out to the walk-in clinic to get stitched up.
Six stitches later, I have a Franken-finger.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
2. Going to the local cider mill and a few area museums.
3. Having a great housewarming party at the end of this month.
4. Wearing the new fall clothes that I've picked up this summer and shopping for some more.
5. Going on one more Blues Train ride for the year. I love the Blues Train.
6. Going to a Buffalo Bills game with my Dad
7. Finding new home improvement projects to work on.
8. Watching new episodes of my favorite shows (30 Rock, It's Always Sunny, The Office)
9. Planning and attending my graduate school 5 year reunion
10. Pumpkin Coffee from Dunkin Donuts. (!)
Fall is my favorite season so I'm sure I'll keep adding to this list. What are you looking forward to this fall?
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Here's a quick glimpse of the moving and the new home.
The first shot of my bedroom. I managed to make the bed and put clothes away.