• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, November 25, 2013

Holiday Help

On Saturday I started my seasonal gig of being Santa's helper.  I somehow got asked to do it by the city committee this year and I was flattered that someone thought I'd be good with all the kids as they wait to see the big guy.  I was a little nervous about it because the former Mrs. Claus was so magical and wonderful.  She's out of the state this year so they needed someone to help.  But I think it went pretty well. 

I've spent the last few weeks trying to find an appropriate costume to wear.  Google Santa's helper dresses and whoa--not many of those would be tasteful or warm enough for standing outside for hours in the upstate NY cold.  I did find one and I think it was perfect.  But no matter what I wear it won't be warm enough because it was freakin COLD.  I'm gonna need some fleece tights. 

The whole thing kicked off with a parade down Main Street.  I got to ride with Santa and his elves in a horse drawn situation.  It was so cute!  My friend snapped this picture as we rode by. 


After the parade Santa and I made our way to the Cottage to see all the kids lined up waiting to see him.  My job was to meet and greet and introduce the kids to Santa.  Our town has this cute little cottage for him to sit in so every family could go in and take pictures and have one on one attention from him.  The line was LONG and we didn't see the last family until 3 pm. Everyone was in good spirits and so patient.  It was such a heart warming day.  I'm really happy that I could be a part of it. 


Next up is the town tree lighting next week and then some Fridays and Saturdays.   It's been a long time since I felt any magic from the holidays and this is an excellent way to get me in the spirit.  Especially being able to see how excited the kids are to be there!   Love it!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I love your costume.

PS--I did chose that mug specifically for you. I am so glad you like it. :)