• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, October 19, 2009

Call Me

Happy Monday!

I had a good weekend. I hosted a party for two of my friends with birthdays coming up this week. It was a great party--lots of funny things that happened. But more on that later.

First I need to tell you all about my new electronic love. As some of you remember I was so excited to get my blackberry this summer. It's worth every penny. Until I moved into my new place. That's right--this part of town is terrible for verizon customers. I was able to get texts and e-mails but I couldn't make a call. So annoying and I didn't realize until I moved in. I certainly didn't want to give up my phone and I definitely didn't want to pay for land line (so 1996). What's a girl on the go to do?

Well, it turns out that verizon makes a network extender. It's kind of like a mini cell tower thing. When I learned of this I knew this was the best option for me. Except that I wasn't crazy about the price tag ($250--yikes) so I spent a good about of time on the phone trying to explain to the verizon peeps that I might need to stop being a customer if I couldn't get the price reduced. Well, they came through for me and offered it to me for $100 if I signed a two year contract. Deal.

I finally got it hooked up this weekend and it's a dream. I went from 2 bars to full service within an hour. It's incredible and completely worth it. Now I don't have to get a land line and I can fully enjoy the blackberry at home. yay!I also wanted to say Happy Anniversary to my friends Courtney & Mark! I hope you had a great day! xoxo.

4 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Way to talk them down! That's a handy little device.

Anonymous said...

What a neat little gadget! Great find!! I know how much that was stressing you out! Awesome job on the haggling, as well. Rock on!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

That was nice of them. I am looking to get a blackberry too.

Anonymous said...

huh. I didn't know there were still areas that verizon didn't reach. Just kidding - I remember very well how spoty cell service is in o-town. I didn't know they made such a device. Way to get a good deal!