• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, September 27, 2010

It's About That TIme

I can't believe it's almost the end of the month. And more than that, I can't believe I haven't blogged much lately. Actually, I can. It's been really busy around here. It happens every year around this time. When students come back, my schedule becomes crazed. I've been getting home at 10 pm most nights and heading straight to bed. Sometimes I wonder how I can really keep this up. I need more balance. But I've also been trying to avoid areas of my life so I need work to help cope. It's a vicious cycle, my friends. But in any case, while I spent the weekend working for Family Weekend, I actually took a break to take pictures on my usual walk. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite place to go. It always makes me feel better.
A new little deer friend.
This is my favorite part of the walk. It's just so pretty.Trees are changing.
It was an incredible day out!
Tablerock Field
I love the way trees look against the sky.
Another look at my favorite part.
I love the fall colors.
By Table Rock. It's incredible up here.
I just think this rock is interesting.
This is my favorite picture of the day. I may make this my background on my screen.
And this is the view of the valley from a building on campus. As my friend Jill said, we may feel like we lose a lot (because of our job) but this makes up for it in a win. She's so right.
So that's a little tour of my favorite spot in town. Fall is beautiful here. I need to remember to take time to enjoy it more.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Making My Cameo

It's been awhile. Not because life has been boring around here. The college students came back so they've been getting about 90 percent of my time. The other 10 percent has been devoted to a little drama in the personal life. Don't worry, it's really minor drama.

I did manage to break away from work last weekend to go to the Grand and Glorious Garage sales in town. It's a yearly tradition for Main Street to be blocked off and people put out tables with their treasures for us to buy. Fun! Sadly, I didn't buy too much (just a little stool) and this...
I'm all about the cameos right now. I have been looking around for them and it seems that garage sales seem to have them from time to time. I love this one-it's classic looking. I wore it this week and got lots of comments about it. I love interesting accessories so this could really spice up an outfit. And it was $3. Even better. Oh and it's really a pin so I can wear it that way OR as a necklace. I prefer the necklace but I may rock it as a pin sometime.

Then I found this little one. I haven't worn it yet. It was $1.
I got this one at a sale a few weeks ago. I've worn it quite a bit since and really love it.
I love how accessories can really change your life. What accessories are you really into right now?
More to come soon...
Happy Thursday!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Club Sweet Club

One year ago today, I moved into my apartment (affectionately known as Club Chestnut). Just like any place I've ever lived this home has been filled with friends, fun times, tears, frustration, laughter and happiness. Not to mention two frisky cats racing around at all hours of the day or night. I mark this anniversary because this has been a year filled with a lot of personal growth and discovery and I'm so thankful that I have a place that I like to call home.

The view from the driveway The Front
Here's to another year of fun at Club Chestnut! Happy Wednesday!