• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, October 26, 2009

Memory Lane

I've lived in this town for twelve years (wow!) and my world is pretty compartmentalized. I went to college here and then worked at the college I went to. Then I left to go to graduate school and then moved back and am now working at the other college in town. So I generally have very different memories of each part of my time here. On Saturday I spent some time visiting my post college life.

I actually got invited to attend a dedication for the building I was the Residence Hall Director in back in the late 90's/early 00's. They renovated it all last year and they did such a nice job. It was great to be able to walk around and see the building. I had a lot of great times in the building so I always think of it fondly.

The view of the building. It looks so good now.Tobey used to be a very traditional residence hall. The typical kitchen on the main floor. But now each floor has a kitchen. And there used to be only one laundry room. Now there is laundry on each floor. This would have been great while I was a student there. My favorite part is the fitness center on the top floor. I am so jealous. I would have used this all the time when I was the RD. My very first supervisor and I.

After that I met up with my friends Beth and Tricia. They were here meeting up with their friends from college (I hung with different people in college). We went to a bar that we used to frequent back in the day. Although I live here, I rarely step foot in there any more. It was exactly the same as it always was--just new, younger faces.

Here are Tricia, Beth and I. Ginger & Roxy shutting it down at the end of the night. It was a fun day!

On Sunday I returned to the present and spent the day cleaning, doing laundry and getting stuff done around here. This is fall break for the students so I'm taking today and tomorrow off. I'm so excited! The weather is going to be good so I plan on taking some good walks and doing whatever else I want. I love fall break!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fall break? I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Tobey looks great. You ladies look great. I'm a whole bunch of jealous!! Love you!! xoxo ~Courtney

Mrs. S. said...

What a great looking dorm! I wish that was what mine looked like when I was in college.

Fall break, huh? That sounds perfect right about now. Enjoy!