• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another Day Closer...

Let's see...Monday and Tuesday passed in a work blur. I had two different awards ceremonies to prepare for (as in print all the certificates and programs) and then attended multiple meetings after 7 pm to wrap things up for the year with different groups I advise. Things went well and today feels a little more normal. My office is neat again and I'm planning on taking a nice long walk after work tonight. I have two more meetings tonight but nothing that I have to stress over. So that's that for Wednesday.

In all the craziness I did run to Payless to get those cute heels that I posted before. Sadly, I don't own them yet. I'm going to order them online. Don't feel too sad for me because I did leave with another pair of shoes. I enjoy the wedge. They are comfy and I think they'll look cute with a denim skirt. yay!Like I said, I've been super busy lately and it's the end of the school year so this makes me think of all I have to look forward to during the summer months when I don't have nearly as many commitments. Here are some random things that I plan on doing in the not-so-distant future.
  • Finish the Twilight series (and read all the books on my to-do list)
  • Take a nice long walk everyday/workout program
  • Scan ALL of my photo albums (it'll take all summer)
  • Move into a new apartment (and decorate it fabulously)
  • Get a tan (a red headed tan--freckles)
  • Go to see friends in various places (TBD)
  • See a DMB show
  • Plan a really fun theme party (or a few)

That's not a comprehensive list, but I'm another day closer to being able to focus on those things. I'm sure I'll come up with other fun things to add as I go.

What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

6 comments:

Beth said...

I sure hope that girl over at South of your Ankles doesn't get upset with all of your shoe posts! Then again, her $700 shoes aren't at Payless... (just kidding, CBL)!

I need to come up with a summer list, too. Unfortunately, a DMB show doesn't seem to be in my future :(

Did you get my message about how you called my house last week? :)

Courtney said...

Oh, I hope I am the lucky winner of the "Go to a DMB show" sweepstakes!! :)

I am glad your semester is winding down. I remember that feeling of relief and freedom very well!

Ms. Attitude said...

It must be a relief knowing the semester is almost over. Your list sounds like so much fun!

The Pink Chick said...

Love your list! Summer is so wonderful!

CBL said...

Excellent preliminary plans. Approved. I will have many days off this summer too, starting after next week. We can plot. I like those platforms - I may have to investigate them myself - they look obscenely high...4.5 inches I'd say? Measure and report back. Do not walk near Tobey hall in them.

Mrs. S. said...

Those shoes are adorable!!! This summer I am looking forward to getting to the gym religiously and preparing fresh, healthy meals so I can get back on the healthy wagon. I am looking forward to reading outside at the pool...oh, how I love summer!