• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, April 5, 2010

Joy

Lately, I've been smiling and laughing a lot. That's not all that unusual, I suppose. Even on the most stressful days, I've been feeling optimistic about most everything. And things are kind of stressing me out at work, too. Weird. But is it? After this weekend, I'm pretty convinced that I'm actually feeling inner joy. Yes, I know that sounds cheesy and probably a little Oprah-like. But I've spent such a long time feeling twisted up inside about so many things that it's nice to know that I'm embracing what I've been trying to do all of my life. Feel happy from the inside. whoa. Okay, okay. Maybe I'm just having a good week. Maybe the weather is the reason. Maybe it is. Either way, I'm embracing this happy little feeling and trying to make sure I acknowledge
it before I feel jaded again. ha ha.

I think I woke up today feeling good because I had a very nice, low key, relaxing weekend.

Friday was really quiet at work. We had a visit from a little friend. I called him Tucker (the Ducker). My friend Barb gave it to her grandson for Easter. It made me want a pet duck. I'm over it now, but for a few minutes I almost drove to Tractor Supply and had a new little friend.
I spent Saturday morning sitting on the deck. Followed by a little shopping (but only for new sneakers) and then I worked out on the elliptical. I promptly rewarded myself with a nice long walk. So I got an extra workout but I don't even care about that part. The best part was being up in nature. I felt so happy and peaceful. I'm a little stressed at work right now (not unhealthy--just a lot to do) so I definitely needed that feeling of overwhelming good. And I got it. I absolutely love this picture. It just makes me happy.

The deer are out and about.

And by the end of the walk--this is what I got. I go on this same walk just about everyday when the weather is nice but this weekend, it seemed even better than normal.
Sunday (Easter) was low key. I spent the morning getting some errands done and then I had another great walk. My friend, Alisha, and I went out for Chinese food and ice cream. Then we colored some eggs. Someday I'll have a traditional holiday again. Until then, I'm enjoying the fun I'm creating on my own.
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and weekend and that you were able to find your own joy. :)

1 comment:

Mrs. S. said...

I think it is way more fun to create your own traditions for holidays sometimes. It sounds like you had a perfectly relaxing weekend.