Monday, July 27, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
This week my friend Jill and I took a trip to see our friend Andi (she used to work with us before she returned to her native Maine to go to graduate school) and Steph (she used to go to school here and live next door to me before she went back to Maine to go to grad school too). It was a great week! It was so relaxing to be away from here and all the stresses that I had been feeling.
Jill, Me and Andi Andi took us to where she & Steph went to grad school (U of Maine Orono). It's a nice campus and almost made me want to go back to school. Almost.
I would love to do something like this on our campus.
Thebullet proof tent on campus. Random.We ventured down to Andi's mom's house for 2 days too. It was so great to finally meet her mom. I've heard so much about her and this farm that she lives on. It was great! We spent the nights sitting around the kitchen table eating, playing cards, laughing, listening to the radio.
Here are Steph, Andi and Jill during our kitchen table bonding time.
Here is a picture of Jersey, Andi and John's new puppy. She is SO cute. This is her during our game night. We also went to Freeport (the home of LL Bean) but I didn't get pictures of that because I was too busy shopping at the outlet stores. We also went to the outlets at Andi's house too.
I had a great time in Maine this week. Thanks to Andi for being a great hostess. I can't wait to go back to Maine...
to The Way Life Should Be, indeed.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Yesterday was a stay at home kind of day. I actually finished a little craft project for work. I painted these t-shirt ornaments that I got at Michael's for the Greek organizations that I advise. I think they turned out really cute and will look great on a bulletin board. I know that this seems silly but I really love making sure that my bulletin boards are cute. I think it's the teacher in me. It was quite the project to get the letters. There is only one place in town that sells them now. I also joined in the Harrry Potter mania and went to the midnight showing of the new movie. I was a reluctant fan of Harry. I refused to read it or watch the movies for many years. I think I finally broke down and gave in after the 6th book was released. Anyway, I really like the books and I think the movies are also very well done. This one was no different. I'm glad I saw it. I think I'm gonna have to reread book 7. Today I got up and was wildly productive with errands. The kind of errands that have been on my list for months and always get pushed to the bottom of the list. It felt great! Tomorrow I plan to continue tackling my to do list--including setting up apartment viewings and world domination.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Here are the ladies tasting some wine.
Cristina's Mother-In-Law, Diane. She reads my blog sometimes so I want to make sure she gets a special shout out.
Okay, off to work out and get started on my list of around the house projects. This not working stuff is okay.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
So anyway, this is kind of random but I wanted to share two of my favorite summer '09 foods. First, I really enjoy a summer salad. It consists of strawberries, grapes, cucumbers, feta and red wine vinegar. It's delicious and perfect for summer dinners. Yum.
A few weeks ago my friend at work brought in some coconut M&M's that she found randomly in the store (she couldn't remember which one). I've searched high and low but have been unable to locate them but my friend Alisha scored a bag and I ate some last night. A LOT of them actually. I don't even care how many points they are. They are so good. I'm kind of glad I can't find them because that means I won't be tempted to eat an entire bag. :) I highly recommend them.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
I spent the day putting my office back together. I'm pretty organized so it wasn't that bad. It's a much bigger space than I've been in for the past 5 years so it feels a little empty. But I like it. And now that I have a camera again, I can give you a tour.
The table for meetings with students. This is new to me and I think I like the option to sit somewhere other than my desk. The bulletin board will feature leadership quotes eventually. (laminated of course) The quote above the window is "Be the Change You Wish To See In The World"
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
We got back late last night. Today started off on a not-so-positive note (long story) so I was actually glad to go to work. My new office is finally ready for me to move in. The furniture gets moved tomorrow and I can put stuff back in order and get ready for my 3 week hiatus. Yay!
Tonight I had to get my groceries at Walmart so I decided that I would finally replace my camera. You remember the one that I dropped on the dance floor back in May? I am so happy to finally have a camera again. I know I have my phone but it's just not the same. This time around I got the green version of the camera I used to have. Awesome.
I can't wait to take pictures of my life again. :) Get ready.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
It's been yet another week since I posted. I'll give you the highlights:
- It rained just about every day of the week. Seriously. Annoying.
- I spent some quality time with the elliptical machine because of the rain.
- I got my new dress and bag that I ordered from Land's End.
- My colleagues and I are moving our offices around. This was really stressing me out because I thought I couldn't move until August because I'll be off for most of July but I actually got to pack up my desk on Thursday and it looks like I'll be able to move on Tuesday. I hate moving my office.
- I have a few leads on a new apartment. This still causes me stress to think about but I kind of excited now.
- The big thing of the week is that my Dad and I came down to North Carolina to see my Grandpa this weekend. He's currently in the hospital and not doing well. It's hard to see him like this but I'm so glad to be here.
- We watched fireworks with my Aunt and cousin on Friday night. I did this while drinking a blue coconut slush from Sonic. We don't have these in NY so this was fun for me.
- My Aunt, Cousin and I went shopping on Saturday to a place called DeWayne's. I picked up a new Vera lunch bag that I've been wanting (it was $10 off so I had to have it) We also hit up a few outlet stores, too.
- And I got a Tervis Tumbler. I've heard these are great and I'm always looking for the perfect water bottle. Plus it's really cute.
- My Aunt gave me the cutest little bag. I think I'm also going to use this for a lunch bag. (Thanks Aunt Karen!)
So that's what's been up with me this week. I know there seem to be a lot of frivolous stuff mentioned here but the important thing has been my Grandfather. Please keep him in your thoughts.We head back to NY tomorrow so I'll probably update again on Tuesday. I hope you all had a happy 4th of July weekend!