• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Greetings

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is checking the mailbox and opening cards from friends and family.  I have always been kind of obsessed with mail.  I think it's because I spent most of my childhood writing letters and cards.  Especially when I lived in Germany in high school--it was before facebook, e-mail, texts, blogs, etc..   So there is something great about getting cards in the mail around this time of the year.  I especially enjoy the picture cards.  I always save them.  It's nice to see the family pictures.

(here are some of the pictures I have gotten this year)
Every year I think about doing a picture card but I've always thought it  might be weird because I don't have kids or a husband. That's fine but I just wonder what I'd put on a card that would be appropriate.  And then I got to thinking that I would like to do something different too.  Everyone sends out Christmas cards--which is great.  But I always feel a little torn because not all of my friends celebrate Christmas and I always seem to miss Hanukkah for some reason.  And I wanted to do something a little different.  So this year, I decided that I would send out a card for the new year.  And break the rules.  Why do I need to have babies or a husband to feel like I can share my life with my friends and family?  I don't.  I can make my own rules.  And of all years I want to really celebrate the new year.  2010 has been such an emotional year with many ups and many downs.  I want to ring in 2011 in my own way.  So here is my greeting to my friends and family for 2011--complete with my two cuddly girls. 
The card reads:
 ‎"Here's to the bright New Year, and the fond farewell to the old; here's to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold."

And that's exactly how I feel this year.  I'm ready for a new year with new ups and new downs.  And I want to do it my way.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooh, I love it! And I love your new computer. Santa was very kind this year. Yay for you! :)