• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Decoration Dilemma

I love Christmas decorations but after Christmas is over, I struggle with when to take them down. I don't like them up after the 1st of the year.  But I like the lights for new years eve.  It's still festive. 

Well, last year I decided to try a new tradition in my home.  I decided that I would take all the ornaments off the tree and pack away all Christmas decorations around the house and put them away right before NYE.  I'd leave up the trees with the white lights.  So there could still be festive lights BUT no Christmas.  I like this tradition and think I will continue it into the future. 

Here is the de-Christmas tree. 
 I put out some white lights in the kitchen for the new years celebration.
 Added some of the plates I got this summer for the NYE celebration.
 I just love these plates and how perfect they are for new years.
 And this has nothing to do with anything but I really like the way this looks.  A lady I work with got me this candle at my birthday party.
Of course I still need to add some favors and hats for the new year but I think I've solved my decoration dilemma and created a tradition at Club Chestnut. 

What do you do with your Christmas/New Years decorations?

No comments: