• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, June 18, 2012

Berry Good

GASP!  Three days in a row.  I guess maybe some of my blogging mojo is back.  maybe. 

Yesterday I made some strawberry crisp to take over to my parents house for Father's Day and I realized in all of my chaos this spring, I haven't shared it here.  (among many other things) It was one of the recipes I've tried from Pinterest.  How great is Pinterest?  I've learned so much. 

Anyway, there is something so amazing about strawberries in the summer.  I eat them every morning with my oatmeal.  Plus, they look so pretty. 

 And now for the most amazing strawberry crisp ever.  Every time I've made it, it's been a crowd pleaser.  It will be one of my favorite dishes to bring to social functions. 

Filling:•2 to 3 cups (8 ounces strawberries, hulled and cut in half
•1/2 cup  sugar

Topping:
•1 cup  all-purpose flour
•1/2 cup  old-fashioned rolled oats
•1/3 cup  sugar
•1/3 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
•1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted


Directions:
1. preheat to 350 degrees. Have ready a 2.5 quart ceramic or glass pie dish or baking dish.


2.  Filling: In a large bowl, stir together the strawberries and sugar until well mixed. Pour into the baking dish, and set aside.
The strawberries and sugar mixture

3. Topping: In a large bowl, stir together the flour, rolled oats, sugars, cinnamon and salt until well blended. Stir in the melted butter until evenly moistened crumbs form. Spoon the crumb mixture over the filling.


Sprinkling the topping over the strawberries

4. Bake the crisp until the juices are bubbling, and the topping is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.


Note: The crisp can be cooled, covered with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.
The final product.  I added a few whole strawberries for some sass.
 
Enjoy!  
I'm in a strawberry mood tonight...I'm making some strawberry freezer jam.  It's almost officially SUMMER!  :) 

No comments: