• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, January 20, 2014

On the Run

Monday morning already and another busy and nice weekend to speak of. 

On Saturday morning I got up early and met two friends for a 4 mile run. Last week the running group that I'm associated with (I say that because I so rarely run with them) posted a story about a woman named Meg that was killed last Monday while out for her morning run.  By a drunk driver.  At 8 am.  It was so sad.  I thought it was a good reason to get up and run with the thousands of others that had planned to do it too.   Then the next day my sorority posted that Meg was a Sigma and told her story.   I knew I had to run in her honor.  It's sad to know that she had 3 little kids and a husband left behind.  It's so tragic that something like that could happen. 

I was pleased that I was able to run 4 solid miles (thanks to Angie and Kacy for running with me).  There were others from the running group that met at 7 am so we took a quick picture before they left.
Angie, Sarah and Jenni had a joint birthday at the bowling alley so I headed there after I worked all day.  It was fun to bowl and to hang out.  What a fun idea for something different to do for a birthday!    I spent all day yesterday sleeping and relaxing.  I haven't had the chance to do that in a long time so I was excited to spend the day in my jams catching up on sleep and stuff at home.  Mostly sleeping though.  I'm thankful for a life that keeps me so busy and happy.  Hope you all had a good weekend too!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm SO glad we ran on Saturday and the bday party was SO fun.
xoxoxo