• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Friday, January 3, 2014

Fresh 14

Here we are 3 days into 2014!  Wow.  So far I have to admit that I feel like the new year started on a positive note for me.  I know it's premature but something about this new year feels different...
On NYE I was a little bummed because I didn't have any big plans.  I usually go out or have people over or do something.  But for some reason the plans I could have had didn't really appeal to me.  So I decided to make the best of it and after my half day of work, have a day of beauty (hair, nails and toes) and head home with champagne and Chinese food and relax.  If I was going to sit home, at least I was gonna feel pretty.  :)

It ALMOST went like that. 

I did the day of beauty.  I stopped and got my champagne and my food.  Came home and started celebrating solo.  My roommate (yeah, weird I have a roomie for the first time in my adult life--it's a long story)  was there (to my surprise) and wasn't planning on going out either.  So we watched a movie and at 11:15--we decided we were too fun to sit at home and needed to ring in the new year out and about.  We called a cab and headed downtown.  On our way, my friend/former student said he was in town so we were gonna meet up.  Fun!

This is right before we left  the house.  I had picked up some party favors just in case.  Good thing--we were very festive.
It was the first time I've gone out in months.  And for the first time, I wasn't concerned about running into anyone that might make me feel sad.  I actually didn't even think about that.  It was great!  I had fun.  I drank too many shots.  And I made relatively good decisions.  ha ha.   I thought I had lost my phone but it turns out my friend had it in his pocket.  He discovered that the next morning.  Thank God!  I would have freaked out if I had to get a new phone.  But only because all of my pictures are on there.  It was a good night.  A really fun, semi memorable, good night.
I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and no desire to eat food.  But it was the first day of the year--I needed to get out and do something.  I met Angie for lunch at the Hibachi place.  It was nice to be able to process the details of the night before with her.  Sometimes a girl just needs to process...am I right?!  I started to feel better after we ate so I went over to see Sabrina for a bit.  And then went to volleyball practice and then grocery shopping.  Whew. 
Yesterday I went back to work in a snow storm.  We all left the office around noon for a snow day.  yay!  I went to help Sabrina organize her toy room.  It was a big project--it took all day.  I didn't get home until after midnight. 

This is the before.
The After...
I love a good organizing project.  And it provides me pictures for my portfolio for when/if I ever decide to kick off my professional organizing career. 
 
2014 is off to a good start.  I feel better than I have in a long time.  I feel like this year is going to be different.  I don't have any resolutions.  All I want for this year is to live my life to the very fullest every day.  To love the people that I love.  To be the best possible me I can be.  And to always remember that life is too short to have regrets so I'm going to do what I want to do. 
 
2014 is full of possibilities. 
 
Happy New Year!
 
 

No comments: