• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Clean It Up!

So I'm doing a new 21 day slim down challenge.  I'm about a week in and it's going really well so far. I lost 3lbs this week.  I am still doing ww but wanted to get myself super motivated again so I thought doing the challenge would help that.  I have been stalled for awhile now because I think it's so easy to get comfortable after you've had success with weight loss and fitness.  It's like my brain is like..."Dude, you've done well.  Let yourself have a breather"  BUT that's exactly the opposite of what I need to do.  I need to push through and keep my eye on the prize.  Which is hitting my goal weight and running a 10k.

So with that said, I have been trying to eat "clean" and track all my food.  That's the key.  I did try some new stuff this week. 

Kefir.  It's so disgusting to deal with but it's supposed to be so good for you.  So I gave it a whirl.  I threw it in my morning shake and it's not bad at all.  It still freaks me out that I have milk sitting out on my counter.  All I see is sour milk.  Blech.  BUT it's pretty easy to do and the kefir seeds are multiplying so much that I'll have several jars very soon and be able to share it with others that may want to try it.
Then there's quinoa.  I had never tried it and I found a recipe in my clean eating guide that sounded good.  I mean, since I never had it I imagined that it would be good.  I made it yesterday and it was DELICIOUS.  A little shredded chicken, some oranges, cilantro and seasonings....YUM.  Can't wait to try new recipes with it. 
And I've never been much of a grapefruit eater but my Dad's rotary group sells fruit every year as a fundraiser so I thought I'd try it out again.  I got my 1/2 case of grapefruit and oranges and let me tell you...I am in love with grapefruit now.  I could eat one with every meal.  YUM!
Dad and I after he delivered my fruit.  Clearly, we love oranges!
 
All in all, after really trying to clean up my act and not eat processed foods, I feel like I have more energy and am not craving the stupid empty calories as much.  I don't know if it's just mental but I feel better and am motivated to get to my goals!  Fingers crossed!

No comments: