• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, April 7, 2014

Unplugged

This weekend was super boring.  Like SUPER boring.  When I wasn't working I was at home.  I cleaned my house on Friday night.  And got stuff that I have wanted to do, done.  Not much to blog about really.  But I got that list from my last post all sorts of crossed out.  With my physical space in order, I spent time relaxing and thinking about life.
 
I had an epiphany. 
 
 
I need to limit my social media.  For real.   I don't need need to feel tense when I open FB or Insta.  Those should be fun, right?   But more often than not I see something that I don't want to see.  I realize how connected we all are.  There are several groups that I'm a part of that use FB as the primary source of contact.  And there are people that I want to connect with on there.  So I don't want to swear it off completely.  I don't want to delete my accounts.  There are good things that I do want to see. (pictures of my friend completing a half marathon, kids that I love, news stories, updates on Syracuse basketball, etc)
But I want to resolve to only use it for specific purposes.  I don't want to open it just because I'm bored.  I don't want to post anything unless it's positive or has a purpose.  By being more purposeful in my usage, I hope to eliminate the chances of seeing things that I don't need to see. 
 
And life will go on without me updating about stupid stuff too.  :) 
 
 

No comments: