• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, December 30, 2013

The Eyes Have It

Sometimes you just gotta do something different.  Something that other people think is excessive or ridiculous.  Something you've always wanted to do. 

In this case, I did something that I've dreamed about my whole adult life.  I got eyelash extensions!!

To clarify I haven't always wanted eyelash extensions as I know them now.  Basically, I've spent my entire adult life trying to find a mascara to make my short, red lashes,  longer.  I toyed with doing that Latisse stuff that makes them grow but that freaked me out.  I've worn the fake eyelashes from drugstores.  That makes my eyes sticky and they are hard to put on everyday.  Not to mention pricey to keep buying.  I went through a phase last winter of wearing them all the time.  It was a process.  A messy process.

But then about a year ago this girl I know had gotten it done.  She's a hair stylist and had a person that did them for her.  I was immediately intrigued.  It's expensive.  There is upkeep involved.  But the results were so amazing.  Fast forward to this year and she was doing them herself here in town.  I stopped down a few weeks ago to inquire about it and to my delight....she was running a special for December.  So the price was significantly lower than the usual rate.  I made an appointment that day. 

I was a little concerned because I'm a redhead.  That's part of the reason I wanted them to be honest.  Being a redhead is nice, but my lashes are short and red.  So when I don't wear mascara--everyone thinks I'm sick or sad or tired.  Ugh.  It's so annoying.  In any case, I googled red  heads with extensions and I found a blog about a redhead that got it done and she looked lovely and natural with them.  So I stuck with my appointment on Friday.    So glad I did.    They look pretty good and they look like they are my real lashes.  I couldn't get water near my eyes for 24-36 hours but this morning I was able to take a regular shower and put on fresh makeup.  All I needed was  little eye liner and some blush.  Boom.  Done. 

This was at work the day after.  It was also a game day so I'm sporting a big orange bow. 

I'm so very glad I did this.  It's the same as getting my nails done.  It's about the same price every month.  And I think it's exactly what I needed to kick off 2014!!

Besides the excitement over my lashes, I had a busy weekend of work.  I did manage to squeeze in some friend time.  My friend Gillian lives in Florida now and was up for a few days.  I was so sad that I  was working while she was here and had very little time to spend.  But we had breakfast on Saturday morning.  I was glad to spend a little time with her.  :)
Jill,Gillian, Aimee and I at the diner. 
 
It was a busy weekend.  Syracuse won.  I have new lashes.  I saw friends.  I got to sleep a little.  I feel good about life. 
 
I am excited about the new year!  I have a whole new "outlook"  hahaha!

No comments: