• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Friday, May 27, 2011

Feta is Betta

This week, my friend Sabrina (poppies and pinwheels) had a 31 party.  I have never been to one of those so I was excited to go check it out.   The stuff is cute.  I'll share my treasures when they come in. 

 Anyway, I decided to try out a new recipe and bring it over to the party.   I found this recipe on a blog but I can not find it now to give the proper credit.  So if this is a recipe from your blog and you happen to read this, I'm giving you full credit.  I love feta cheese so when I saw this, I really needed to try it.  

Feta Dip--What You Need:
  • olive oil
  • 1 block of feta cheese
  • 3 tomatoes
  • 1 bunch green onions
  • 3 tsp. Greek seasoning
  • 1 baguette
 
What To Do:
1.  Wet large platter generously with olive oil
2.  Dice green onions and tomatoes
3.  Throw them on the olive oil
4.  Crumble feta cheese and throw them on the platter too
5.  Sprinkle the Greek seasoning on top (yes, there is actually Greek seasoning--I never knew)
6.  Mix it all together gently on the platter
7.  Slice baguette thinly for dipping.
8.  Enjoy!
And that's it.  Easy.  My critique--I think I was too generous with the oil.  Next time I'll use less.  Otherwise, I really liked it and will make it again for the next party.   And it's perfect for snacking with a glass of wine in hand.   Thanks to the blogger that shared it first and thanks to Sabrina for having a party that allowed me to try it out!! 

Happy Friday!  What are your weekend plans?

1 comment:

Angie said...

It was really good! Where did you get the Greek seasoning?
kisses