• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Dog's Day

Yes, I know Christmas was a few days ago. I've just been lazy about updating. It was very quiet around here, but nice. It always makes me a little sad to realize that we spend so much time preparing for it and it's over so fast.

I wanted to share the cutest pictures from one of the stars of the family...Tobey. He got a GIANT bone from Santa and was walking all over the house with it, hitting whatever came into his path. He's got a lot of energy (read as he's the devil).By the time all the presents were opened, he had the bone chewed in half. He promptly buried both halves outside.
These are the stockings I made for the dogs (Gabby and Tobey) filled with homemade dog biscuits. I've done this for the past few Christmas'. Since my friend Barb gave me the recipe. (Thanks Barb!) They LOVE these biscuits. Here is the recipe if you are interested:
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup non fat dry milk
3T (1 pkg.) dry chicken or turkey gravy mix
3T brown sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup warm water
Mix all together (the dough is VERY sticky so I let it sit before I roll it out)
Roll
Cut with Cookie Cutter (I use a Bone shape)
Bake until golden brown and firm 350 degree oven

Today, I stopped by some stores to check out the sales on Christmas stuff. I found this cute little tree for $4. I got it home and spray painted the pot (it was gold before) and I had a matching bow already. I love finding deals after Christmas because I put it away and forget about it until next year.

I hope you are all having a good weekend!

3 comments:

Steve Morozumi said...

i was just talking with a friend of mine about how fast it ends. it does! that's awesome that you make home made dog biscuits! your little tree is quite adorable. we dig it!

my weekend is pretty chill. San Francisco is pretty much a ghost town right now. i'm enjoying the quiet calm.

-steve @ fluxlife

Angie said...

Cute Tree! I love it!!
Talk to you soon

Phase II said...

Its always about the pets...hope it was great. Congrats on the goal you deserve it you are working hard. Hope to see you before next monday let me know when you are back in town.

Have a Happy New Year!
Barb