• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowed In

I'm not a big fan of snow. Yes, it's semi-pretty before Christmas while I'm sitting on my couch under a blanket, drinking hot chocolate, watching a movie, BUT it's every other area of my life that it ruins throughout the winter. It just ruins things. I hate that I have to check the weather before going grocery shopping. (Again, I know I live in upstate NY and for the record I absolutely despise it when people tell me to move south. I obviously don't live up here for the weather. There are other reasons I live here, so that's that.)

So it's me vs. snow for the time being. And the snow seems to win. A lot.

However, this weekend was fun. Snow and all. My car has been snowed in since Friday morning. I left work early on Friday and cleaned and wrapped some presents and drank a lot of champagne (the drink of champions) with my friends next door. Saturday, the weather "cleared" so I finished my Christmas shopping and had a great day with some of my favorite ladies. Then Sunday we got another round of snow so Jill, Vinny, Alisha, Dan and Melissa and I went sledding. There are some good hills where we live so it was fun. I forgot how terrifying it can be to go sledding down a hill with nothing but a piece of plastic beneath you. But it was fun, nonetheless.The Snow BunniesOnce I warmed up from the playing in the snow, I finished wrapping presents and enjoyed a cozy afternoon inside.
Gracie was fascinated by what was going on outside.


And finally, the wrapping is done.Tonight there is still MORE snow so I have spent the evening watching a movie underneath the electric blanket on the couch while self-cleaning my oven. It's been so nice and quiet.

I may complain about snow, but sometimes I am thankful that it gives me a chance to slow down and just enjoy being at home. So this time in the battle of me vs. the snow.
I may have won.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Sledding looks like fun!! Do you want to go look at Christmas lights tonight? Let me know Ava wants me to take her tonight.
Talk to you soon!!

Anonymous said...

I love snow days. Especially when I don't have to go anywhere.

Jaded Jill said...

we did have a fun weekend - its because we're awesome