• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Craft City

In an effort to continue to organize my life and make sense of things, I decided I needed to make my craft/office room a place that I wanted to spend more time.  A little background on this space...it started out as the "weird room" because it was well...weird.  There is no door.  It's just an open space near where the spare room and guest bathroom is.  I suppose at one point it might have been a dining room.  I'm not sure.  All I know is that it was just kind of a room that existed to store my desk and other random stuff that didn't fit into the decor of the other rooms.  You know how that goes.  It housed some of my craft stuff too.  The other half of my craft stuff was stored in the guest room closet.  And my sewing machine was in there too.  It finally hit me that I would probably spend more time in there if all the craft stuff was in ONE place.  So this weekend I finally got my act together and did it.  Granted, it is NOT the prettiest room.  It may even look junky and random but it's functional and filled with things that I like.  I still have some work to do in it but for now, it's in relative order. 
 
This is the view from the entrance.  I have a big table to work on and my sewing machine is out and ready to use.  I've still got to paint the sewing desk and have a few little projects to make it prettier but for now it's fine.

Because I was inspired by the organization, I spent some time last night working on a project that I wanted to get done for November.   I have a million old BBW candles so I used the jars and mod podged letters on them and filled them with popcorn kernels and small candles. 

And put them on the mantle in my bedroom.  I think they turned out pretty well. 
 
I imagine that I'll be spending more time being creative now.  Perhaps I'll even think about starting my side business finally. 

No comments: