• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Friday, March 4, 2011

One of those Days

This has been a pretty busy week.  I mentioned that yesterday but I don't think I can say it enough.  It's that time of the year that I can be at work for more than 10 hours a day and I STILL can't do everything.  It's typical of what I do but then I have moments like today that I realize that no matter how much time I spend at work, I truly really like what I do.

I had a conversation with my friend at dinner about how sometimes people go to college to get a degree and have no idea what they want to do with their life and get a job and they never feel passionate about what they do.   I feel really lucky that I was able to get the degrees that enable me to go to work and feel like I make a difference. 

Not in every moment of every day.  I get frustrated.  I get tired.  I get sad.  I worry. 

But I never doubt this is what I'm supposed to be doing with my life or career.  And the icing on it is I work with people that have become my friends along the way.  I know no one goes to work to make friends, but I have found some close friends along the way.  It makes work seem less like...work. 

Today was Bid Day and I encouraged our professional staff to support this by wearing their letters or a Greek event shirt.  So here are three of us sporting our shirts. (This is outside of our offices)
 And two wearing the sorority recruitment shirts. 
Bid Day is a fun day around here...there is a lot of excitement in the air. 

Every year it makes me stop and think about how lucky I am to do what I do for a living. 

Happy Friday!

No comments: