• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Friday, August 5, 2011

Best of What's Around

Day 5: A song to match your mood today

Well, it's ironic that this was the topic today.  Because I woke up and heard a song and I then proceeded to listen to it about 75 times.  Does that happen to you?  Sometimes I fixate on one song that seems to be the answer to all of my life philosophies for the day. 

And today it's an oldie but a goodie.  Dave Matthews Band:  The Best of What's Around. 
And the reason it matches my mood today.  Because the lyrics really sum up how I feel lately.  Life is definitely not perfect (and never will be) but I have good people in my life and I will always make the best of what's around.   My favorite lines:

"Oh you could say she's safe.  Whatever tears at her. Whatever holds her down. 
And if nothing can be done  she'll make the best of what's around"

AND
"And if you hold on tight to what you think is your thing you may find you're missing all the rest"


And both of these lyrics are ringing true in my life right now.  Besides, it's a good song for the car on a great summer day!

No comments: