• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, October 7, 2013

It's Monday. Again.

Despite the current circumstances that are making me feel pretty blah, I attempted some fun this weekend.  I know life is short and I need to remember the good things. 

On Saturday, I went to a Syracuse football game.  They played Clemson so I knew it wasn't going to be a win for my team BUT I knew it would be fun.  I was lucky to be invited to a tailgate and the game by my friend Jill's family.  They know I'm a big SU fan, so they brought me along. 

I made treat bags (thanks to Angie for finding the tags on a blog for me) to hand out to fun people.  I think they turned out pretty cute!
And I did my best to make a dress for the event.  I like game day outfits and I thought it would be fun to make a t-shirt dress.  So I got a new shirt and attached it to a skirt, added some ribbon.  It wasn't EXACTLY like I planned but it was close enough.  I cut the original skirt apart and reattached it.  Poor construction but hey, it lasted through the day. 

The tailgate was fun.  This was the "bar" area. 

Apparently, I made friends with someone with glasses.  ha ha.

Inside the dome.  Game time.


I got home from the game and went to bed.  Because I signed up for a 10K on Sunday.  I haven't been training like I should in the last month or two.  Life has been crazy.  But I figured at the least I could run the 5K.  So I did that.  And I was pretty happy that with my lack of running, I was able to just go out and run the 5K.  It makes me feel like I didn't lose all the work I had been putting into running this summer.  This means I need to make running a priority again.  Plus, I got these new running kicks and they are too cute to be put in a closet.  They need miles on them...


 
It was a fun time and I look forward to getting back into the swing of things with running.
 
Oh, and everything else...

No comments: