• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

la la la

I'm starting to think busy is just a way of life for me.  I haven't had a chance to blog since last week.  Last weekend was a super busy one.  Between my Santa gig, working at the mall, a graduation, and a craft show I had to make about 98 cookies for that cookie exchange.  I ended up waking up at 6 am on Saturday to get it done.  I went with the Grinch theme and found some adorable tags from a blogger (and for the LIFE of me, can not locate the link to where I found it--ugh)  So I made crinkle cookies and colored them green, and packaged them with the Grinch tags.  It turned out pretty cute!  I also found a Grinch shirt for my ugly sweater (because I would NEVER wear a shirt with a cartoon on it--yuck).  So I was all themed up.  The cookie exchange was fun.  The ladies there made some really beautiful cookies and the packaging was amazing. 
On Monday I celebrated my birthday.  Well, actually I had a birthday.  It was kind of a depressing day.  I really love celebrating my birthday but this year I felt sad because it was just an ordinary day.  I guess that's how it goes.  Don't get me wrong, my birthday buddy at work was sweet and made me cute orange cupcakes and decorated my chair.  And Jill and Vinny took me to dinner which was fun and so nice of them.  I guess I should have planned a party or something.  I feel like I was actually excited to turn another year older and I should have done something awesome to commemorate it.  Oh well.  I just hope this isn't telling of how the rest of my year is gonna go because I was pretty bummed out on Monday night.   I AM super thankful for  Jill and Vinny's company that night.  Those two make me laugh!
In any case, my goal for the next year is to be more kind and thoughtful and to work on being a better me on the outside and on the inside.  Easy enough, right?  :)
 
I'm starting by trying to ignore the delicious desserts that are currently taunting me at work.   I sit next to the food table, BUT I can also see the gym from my window and can see people working out.  Nothing like a little guilt to keep me on track.  Haha! 
 
Happy Wednesday!

No comments: