• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Friday, December 20, 2013

Time

Last night I was exhausted by the time I got out of work and headed to the mall to work my part time gig.  I haven't worn make up in a few days (WHAT?!?) because I overslept a few days in a row.  My schedule is rough right now.  I looked and I only have 2 two hour blocks of free time next week.  I know this because I was trying to book my eyelash extension appointment.  Trust me, after not wearing make up a few days I confirmed that my life would be enhanced if my lashes are too.  Not to mention that I won't have to wear make up everyday. 

So when I walked into work, it was decided that I didn't really NEED to work that night.  There was another manager there so she could close the store and she had two strong associates on with her.  So I happily jumped at the opportunity to go home.  I have a million things at home I need to do.  My bedroom looks like a bomb exploded.  When I say I have nothing to wear...don't believe a word I say.  This is evidenced in the sheer volume of clothes that are in the laundry, on the floor, on the bed, and hanging in the closet.  It's a mess.  Full disclosure. 

So I headed home.  Only I didn't quite get there.  I had to run to the store and then got a text to come meet my friends at their book club.  Did I go home and clean?  Nope.  Duh.  I went over there for a bit.  Turns out they didn't actually read a book, much less discuss it.  Perfect.

We helped Amy decorate her tree.  And took pictures.

 
It turned out to be an adventure to get a good picture. 
It was so nice to have TIME to myself to just be.

 Even if only for a few hours. 

Even if my bedroom is still a wreck today. 

Oh, and I got added to the book club.  ;)

No comments: