• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Once Upon an Office

This month continues to be BUSY.  I feel like I'm in constant motion.  Whew.  This girl needs a nap for days.  I used to think I was busy with my position at the other college and that I needed to slow down and find more balance.  I left that job to pursue that very thing and have found myself even MORE busy than I was there and I'm still seeking balance.  huh.  weird.  I'm starting to think it's me...

Oh well.  I guess I'm just wired to be busy.  All. The. Time.

I don't think I've mentioned what a fun office I work in.  It's not my ideal job.  It's pretty boring in reality.  Yes, it's in my field.  Yes, it's good experience to have.  But what I actually get paid to do is a bore.  After up and leaving my perfect-for-me job (at a very imperfect place) I have been humbled in so many ways.  Wait, that's a totally different blog post.  My point for today is that while my job is boring, I am SO very thankful for the positive environment I work in right now.  The ladies I work with are kind to each other.  They ask how you are and want to hear the answer.  There is laughter in the office every day.  There is no drama.  We all do our jobs and have fun with each other while we do it.  It's refreshing.  It's exactly what I need in my professional life right now.  

Yesterday we did an office cookie exchange (I'm SO OVER cookie exchanges this year--three is A LOT).  I made snowball cookies (Russian tea cookies) and put them in mason jars with a poem about snowman poop.  Not terribly creative but I think they turned out cute for the effort I put in.  ha.
Ran out of the ribbon I wanted to use so I had these little bows to use instead.

We did prizes for Best Dressed Cookie, Most Festive and "Wow, that looks like it took a long time to make"  I was in charge of doing the prizes so I did wooden spoons with the award on it and a bag of fun to go with it.  It was a nice new tradition to start in the office. 
But an even BETTER office tradition is Dragon on the Shelf.   Since I'm new here I had no idea we did that.  So you can imagine my surprise when I walked in to see this on my desk...
Our mascot is the Red Dragon (just for context)  I loved it~  It was so cute and funny.  Since my job entails purging academic files the Dragon ate my files.   I had to pass it on to the next person this morning so I was here early to string 500 Christmas lights in an office....
 
This is exactly why it's a pleasure to walk through the office doors everyday...even with the dragon mess I had to clean up.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your jars look cute! Three cookie exchanges is a lot, I can see why you would need a break. That dragon is adorable. Maybe we could do something like that here. Our mascot is a tiger. Would you be willing to share the details?