• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mirror Mirror

This morning I was straightening my hair and I accidentally knocked my hand mirror off the counter. It smashed into pieces. Great. 7 years of bad luck, just what I need. But I quickly cleaned up the mess and moved on.

But it got me to thinking about why that's even a superstition, so I googled it when I got to work. It's actually a little boring so I'll spare you my new found knowledge. What I found most fascinating is the following other urban legend/folklore around mirrors.

To see an image of her future husband, a woman is told to eat an apple while sitting in front of a mirror and then brush her hair. An image of the man will appear behind her shoulder.

I didn't realize it was so easy. I wonder who would appear in my mirror?

Will it be...

Mr. Clooney


Mr Lauer Marky Mark (Post Funky Bunch years)

LL Cool J (my long time love)

For now, I'm off to the store to buy myself a new mirror.

And an apple.

2 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Great post!!! Hilarious! And if I were you, out of those, I'm definitely rooting for Mark W. Yum!

Jaded Jill said...

I'll take Mark too! Thanks :)