• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Friday, October 3, 2008

Blog I Will

I know, I know I'm a slacker this week. It's been busy at work and I've just been too lazy to write anything remotely interesting. I've started a few entries and stopped because I was boring myself. (wait--is that happening right now?) I sometimes wonder if my life is actually interesting enough to write entries everyday because I read other blogs and mine seems to pale in comparison. But I will soldier through my blog doubt. (does that happen to others?)


So what's been going on with me in my absence from blogland? Besides work, I've been busy trying to get used to WW points system. I love it and I'm actually a little obsessed with points right now. Not in an unhealthy way, but more of a learning curve kind of way. I actually love it. It's so organized and makes so much sense. I'm definitely drinking more water and less diet coke and actually drinking milk at meal times. It's great and I was pretty happy today at my first weigh in. I lost 4.8 lbs. I'm happy about that but I'm even more happy that I'm doing it in a healthy way and learning at the same time.
The VP debates were interesting and created a great dialogue for me with people in my life. But what got me really fired up at lunch one day this week was grown women playing with baby dolls. Yes, you read that right. The Today Show uncovered this and I was fascinated. I get it to a degree, but if you ever see me walking around with a fake baby. Please shoot me. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Cabbage Patch Kids when I was a kid and I still have them stored for when I have a little girl (or boy) that wants to play with them, but I can't fathom carrying good ol' Carolina Cory to the grocery store now. Yikes.


This weekend was a big weekend on campus. There was a lot of programs and events to attend. So last night I went to see Rory Kennedy speak. I'm intrigued by her documentaries and will have to watch them in full. I was impressed with her work and commitment to social justice through documentary film making. Once again, I was struck by how lucky I am to work on a college campus and have the opportunity to attend programs like this on a random Friday night.


Today was also the Centennial of Oneonta. We went down to the parade on Main Street. It was also the first weekend that we've had really crisp, fall weather. I walked down from campus with Jill and Melissa, Jill's dog Cedar. I ended up agreeing to take our friend Zach's dog Bodey down there with us too. The parade was great and the dogs were so cute watching it.

Bodey. How cute is that face!

Cedar and Bodey watching the horses pass by.


The parade was fun and it's always days like this that I appreciate living in a small town so much. Especially when the local BBQ place has a float in the parade with big chickens walking around.

And it may not be all that exciting, but it's blog worthy to me. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

C said...

It was a cute parade. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy and apple pie.

OMG, I forgot about Rory Kennedy. I would have loved to go, but Tim left for work and I was home with Sam. Shocker. One of her really good documentaries is part of the Riverkeeper series, where they explore how insanely vulnerable the nuke plant Indian Point 2 is to terrorist attacks. It's right on the Hudson, 25 miles north of the city(IP2 is 4 miles from my parent's house). Scary stuff.

Beth said...

love the Brook's Chicken!

Angie said...

Congrats on weight loss!! That is a ton of weight for the first week!
Talk to you soon!