• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Stroll

Today was the 15th annual Pit Run. It's a 5k or 10k road race in memory of a police officer killed in Oneonta in '94. They also have have a 2 mile stroll. It's a really great event and I enjoy participating every year. Angie and I have walked together for the last few years. It's nice to get up and take a walk and then after we eat some Brooks BBQ (see Chicken from the post below). Today it was Angie, Ava, Jake (Ava's friend) and Ethan (Sabrina's son) and I that strolled through Oneonta together.
Someday I'd like to run the 5k. Maybe I could have that as a goal for next year. I'm not particularly fond of running, but I would like to be able to say I've accomplished something like that.

Stay tuned.

All I can say for sure is that I'm happily exhausted from this weekend and am looking forward to laying on my couch and catching up on my TV shows and reading some magazines. I'm pretty sure that's how every runner begins the rigorous training process, right?

5 comments:

Angie said...

Today was fun!! We will have to do it again next year!

Beth said...

I love the Pit Run! I have fond memories of sitting outside of Huntington Hall (probably hungover) watching our favorite runners struggle up the hill going towards the Union. Maybe I should have run it (or at least walked it) back then...

amy (metz) walker said...

Wanted to say hello since I read your friend, Angie's, blog AND saw you on Blue Eyed Bride! The name of your blog is so cute!

Angie said...

Ha Ha! Sorry I was soooo tired when I wrote my post and I didn't know how to explain the Pit Run
Talk to you soon!

sarahmaria said...

I think it sounds like a nice day...and I know for sure I start my rigorous training process each week with a Sunday on the couch watching TV and reading :) So, I think you are on the right track!