• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Groupie Life

I've had a rough few weeks. I'm trying to forget about a boy, stressing at work, dreading the holiday season, and mourning the loss of my computer. But mostly trying to forget about a boy. That's all I will say about that but I have been really down. I really miss him. A lot. But I need to forget him for now. Anyway, I haven't really been feeling like socializing and being fun. But life goes on and plans happen.


So on Friday was the day that my friends and I had tickets to the Dave Matthews concert. My previous excitement had dulled because of my blah status in life. But I perked up a bit on the way to the concert. There is nothing like a DMB show to cheer a girl up. Especially with my friends Jill, Vinny and Gillian. By the time I left the show I was feeling much, much better about life. I LOOOOOOVED the show and was so sad when it was over. We had a great time dancing and singing. It was probably the best Dave show I have been to! (Check out the setlist below & poster)
Squirm
You Might Die Trying
Don't Drink the Water
Lying in the Hands of God
Crush
So Damn Lucky
I'll Back You Up
#41
Shake Me Like A Monkey
Cornbread
What Would You Say
Jimi Thing
Spaceman
The Song That Jane Likes
Grey Street
All Along the Watchtower
Encore:
Rye Whiskey
You & Me
The Last Stop
So the next morning I had to get up and work at an event on campus. So by about 11 am I was starving and ready for some brunch with my girls to recap the concert. We were joking that it was so good we should get in the car and go to Philadelphia to the show that night. For a point of reference, Philly is about 4 hours from here. And in a very spontaneous turn of events, we decided that we'd do just that. We got tickets, reserved a cheap hotel room and packed a bag (oh and got Jill's mom to go with us too). Within 2 hours of our first thought, we were en route to Philadelphia.
We got there about 6pm, checked into our room, changed our clothes and headed over to the concert venue. Getting there during the opening act. It was amazing! Another night of fun, dancing and singing, amazing friends, and our collective boyfriend, Dave. This was the poster from the show and the setlist.
The Stone
Big Eyed Fish
Bartender
Funny The Way It Is
Why I Am
Gravedigger
Best of Whats Around
Digging a Ditch
Cant Stop
Tripping Billies
Last Stop
Spaceman
Seven
Pantala Naga Pampa
Rapunzel
You and Me
Corn Bread
Jimi Thing
Shake Me Like a Monkey
Encore:
Christmas Song
Time Bomb
Two Step


We had a great time and I am SO glad that we decided to go. I feel much better after some time away. I still have a long way to go with forgetting a boy, but sometimes there is nothing better for your heart than losing yourself in a fun weekend of being a groupie with great friends! Oh, and some Dave Matthews Band!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Angie said...

sorry about the boy :( I'm glad you had fun at DMB! How fun that you decided to go to Philly!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better about this boy soon. Glad you had fun at the concerts!