• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Friday, April 22, 2011

Dinner for Six

Well, I finally took a much needed mental health day today.  It's been another busy week and I finally hit the point that I knew I needed to be away from the office or I'd be really snotty to a student.  I actually spent the day running around town doing some errands.  Fun errands.  I'll show you the result of those errands later next week.   I actually have stayed home tonight to lay around, watch TV, and putter around the house.  I needed a break from life.  It's been a good day.

Like I said, the week was busy but last night I went to a little dinner party hosted at Sara and her husband Josh's house.  I actually supervise Sara at work.  She's amazing!  I feel like I got lucky to work with her.  Josh is hilarious. And together they are probably the most entertaining couple I've ever met.  She's been working with us since September and they have been working on their house so this is the first time she's invited work people over.  It was such a nice night with Jill, Gillian, Tara, Josh and Sara.  We laughed a lot and had a lovely meal and enjoyed some wine.  And of course the camera came out to document the fun. 

The table before we sat down.  I thought it looked pretty.
 Sara, Josh and Jill showing the delicious food.  Josh is quite the cook.
 Gillian and I enjoying our after dinner tea. 
 Sara and her little baby Ziggy.  Sara has a southern accent and it's great but it's even better when she's baby talking to her kitty. 

 I uploaded the pictures out of order but this was the tea that I tried last night.  I loved it so much that I went out today and got some.  It's smells so good and it tastes delicious.  I forgot about how much I love drinking tea.  I'm going to incorporate into my life more.
 I
It really was a lovely night.  We are all so busy--it's nice to take time to relax and just enjoy laughing with friends over food and drinks. 

And to end my very nice day away from reality, I'm going to make myself a cup of my new tea and read my new book before bed.  So far, it's hilarious.
I actually feel great to stay home tonight  and relax.  Last night and today are exactly what I need to recharge my attitude. 

Have a great weekend!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the second time I have heard about this book this week. I will need to get a copy soon.

I am so glad you had a good day of escaping for a while. It sounds like a lot of fun.