• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Treats & Tags

This morning I got up early to make some dog treats for Jill's dog, Cedar's 5th birthday party.  Yes, I did say a doggie party.  It was fun...but more on that later.

The treats are wildly popular with all dogs.  It's kind of a project to do but apparently they are delicious to doggies.  I'm going to give you the recipe because if you have a dog in your life, you should make these.  They will love them.
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup non fat dry milk
3T (1 pkg.) dry chicken or turkey gravy mix
3T brown sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup warm water
Mix all together (the dough is VERY sticky so I let it sit before I roll it out)
Roll
Cut with Cookie Cutter (I use a Bone shape)
Bake until golden brown and firm 350 degree oven

After the baking was complete.  This recipe makes about 60 treats.
 I bagged them up so that the other  dogs could get a treat at the party. 
And I used these tags I had made a few years ago.  I love these grubby tags and wasn't blogging at the time I made them (one of Angie and my craft nights). So I figured I'd show how to do this too.  The day started out very productive as you can tell.  It went downhill as soon as I left the house, however.

Start out with some shipping tags from any office supply store.
2 cups hot water
1/4 cup instant coffee (dry)
1/4 instant tea
3 tablespoon imitation vanilla
Mix well in a bowl. Place tags in the bowl careful that they don't stick together. Let soak for 15 minutes
Lay on a cookie sheet and sprinkle lightly with cinamon. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Bake the tags for 15 minutes or until dry
I took the basket of treats to Cedar's birthday party.  Jill is a live on staff member at the college so she invited her buildings and it was very impressive to see how many students came to this event.  And there were several of our staff friends there too.  Not to mention some other puppies.  Our campus works with the guiding eyes program so there are lots of puppies on campus every year.  It's nice to see them walking around campus and watching them play in the residence halls.  And Cedar makes friends with all of them.  He's a popular dog around here.  So it was only to be expected that his birthday celebration would be too.  

He's looking at the candle while people sang to him.
 And he loved his treats too!
Happy Birthday Cedar!! 

I love that I live in a place that a dog's birthday party is an event. 

Exactly how it should be...

No comments: