• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I've Been Thinking

Sooooooo.....I have been thinking a lot about getting a puppy this summer.  I have always hesitated because my work schedule is pretty crazy and I don't think that's fair to a dog.  But maybe I could change my schedule a little...maybe I'll leave work at lunch and go let out the dog.  Maybe I'll bring it to campus and let a student hang out with him/her. Maybe I'd be able to train it to be a therapy dog and then it can come to work with me.  Maybe...

I would love a puppy/dog in my life.  It might provide some excuse for me to create more balance in my work life.  I would definitely take it on nice long walks every day.  I would take him/her for puppy play dates with the other dogs on campus (our students participate in the guiding eyes program).  The point is...I would love a dog and provide a happy life for him/her. 

And these are some of the cuties that my little puppy could make friends with.  This is Baby Katie (a guiding eyes puppy on the left) and Cedar (my friend Jill's 5 year old puppy).  We went on a walk yesterday after I had a blah day and they made me smile a lot and realize how much I would love a dog of my own.  Maybe even a golden...or a Boston Terrier...or a random cutie that needs a home.  Who knows.
 Besides I have time off in the summer that would allow me to be home to puppy train.  And I have a little yard that would be good for that....

The only thing that worries me (besides my work schedule) would be these two little cuties.  Gracie and Sadie are pretty spoiled, happy cats and I would hate to ruin their world (even if it's temporary).  They are so sweet and cute and I would hate to upset them.  I've watched dogs here before and they've gotten used to it.  There was a lot of hissing to start with though. 
I woke up this morning with these two cuddled up next to me and I actually wondered if my bed would be big enough for me all of us and a puppy...

Stay tuned.  The summer is approaching.

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I have a dog or 3 that I could give you...

Anonymous said...

Go for a puppy! I think you would have a very happy home with the 3 pets.

Shannon said...

I have a puppy I would give you-actually pay you to take! Her name is Lucy & she is a 3 year old cockapoo. Let me know-she is always looking for a new home!