• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day at the Opera

Yesterday my friend Barb and I went to Glimmerglass Opera to see Bellini's I Capuleti e i Montecchi. I really enjoyed it and I've never been to Glimmerglass before so it was nice to do something different. And you can't go wrong with the story of Romeo and Juliet. Barb's daughter works at the Opera house so she gets tickets that she can give to her family--what a perk.

Besides enjoying a nice afternoon of opera, Barb and I also were checking out the facilities at the opera house because in 3 weeks her daughter is getting married there. I have to say, it's going to be a really pretty location for a wedding. Obviously Barb has been there but I hadn't so she was showing me around. I'm helping out at the wedding--as the mother of the bride's shadow. Barb wants someone to kind of troubleshoot so she can enjoy the day. So I'm going to be there to do whatever she needs. It'll be fun. I just hope for good weather for them.

So after driving back from Glimmerglass, I started thinking of all the things that are around this area that I have yet to do. I've lived here for my entire adult life and I have yet to do some of these day trips. So I'm making a list of things I want to do and going to start planning some trips. I think my next fun weekend thing will be to visit the Fenimore Art Museum. Maybe next weekend or the weekend after. Let me know if you are interested in going with me.

On another note, did you see Michael Phelps win his first gold last night? It was awesome. And yes, I cried.

2 comments:

C said...

Opera! You are clearly a classy broad. GL & P approved. I have to go change a poopie diaper. I BEEN had to change a poopie diaper, actually...gross eh?
Talk to you soon.

Angie said...

Sounds like fun, I will go to the art museum with you I have always wanted to go! Talk to you soon