• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Friday, August 8, 2008

Eight is Great.

Eight is my favorite number. It always has been. I just like it--it's symmetrical (and I love me some symmetry). And apparently it's a lucky number in Chinese culture as I learned on the Today Show this morning.
And of course, I'm an avid Olympics watcher and fan so I've been anxiously awaiting today to watch the opening ceremonies. There is nothing like the Olympics for me. I love watching people compete for their life long dream and achieve it. I like hearing the stories of the athletes and the obstacles they've overcome to get to the games. I like the excitement of it and learning more about the host country via NBC news. And mostly, I just like that for a few weeks every few years, there is collective interest in random and not so random sports. I admit I cry when an athlete wins and stands on the podium to accept a medal and see their flag raised and hear their national anthem. There is nothing like it. So you know what I'm doing tonight on my favorite number day. And I don't even care if I sound like a dork. Just wait until the Democratic National Convention.... :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love the olympics too! It should be fun to watch. Have a good weekend!