• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekend Whatevers

I posted quickly before I left for roller skating last night.  Yes, you read correctly.  Roller skating.  We had a late night skating event for the college students.  I was pleased that about 75 people attended.  The students seemed to love it and it was worth staying up late to go to.  Even though college students pretend they don't, they still like this stuff. 
 Here are some of my friends and coworkers after we took off our skates.  We had a lot of fun!  And it was a good workout too.
 This morning I went to my WW meeting.  They had a quote up on the board that got me fired up today because I'm pretty frustrated at my lack of progress.

"There are only two options: make progress or make excuses."

So that's going to be my motto from now on.  I will not make excuses.  I'm just going to DO IT!  Which means getting my booty back to the gym, running myself silly and signing up for 5K runs when I can.  No  excuses! I'm not a quitter--I'll do it. For myself.  Because I deserve it.

 That concludes the motivational portion of this post.  Ha.  After my moment at WW, I stopped at the consignment shop (conveniently located right next to WW).  I didn't really want to purchase anything but I found this little pink bag.  It's so much better in person.  It's got such a vintage feel.  I couldn't leave without it.  And only $9.
 The inside is very clean and the bag is very roomy.  I see myself wearing a great dress whilst carrying this beauty.  Can't wait to try it out!
 This afternoon I am gearing up for the 'Cuse game.  We have lost 3 in a row so I needed to get my spirit on.  I got out the orange nail polish.  And I just got my orange bberry cover so my phone has spirit too.  The orange cover looks ridiculous with the purple phone but I don't care.
 Tonight is hopefully going to involve friends, cocktails and laughing.  For now, I'm settling in to watch my game (with my orange scarf on).  Until tomorrow...
LET'S GO ORANGE!

No comments: