• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Fruity Treat

This is the first time I've sat down all day.  It's been a busy day.  I will talk more about that it tomorrow but I wanted to share this recipe that I made tonight for the Thirty-One party.   A few people asked me for the recipe for Fruit Salsa and instead of e-mailing it out, I'll share it here.  And because it was that good. 

Now, I want to be sure to tell you that I got this from a blog somewhere out there this last week.  I honestly have no idea where I found it.  I'm guilty of looking at about a million blogs  and clicking out of them so quickly.  I did copy the recipe before I clicked out of this particular blog.  So if this is your recipe, thank you.  Let's consider it paying it forward.  Sharing is caring, right?

Okay, back to business.  This Fruit Salsa is pretty amazing.  I read the recipe and was kind of lukewarm about it.  But after my first taste tonight, I thought it was delicious.  Really truly, guilt free, delicious.

Ingredients:
1 carton strawberries (pulsed to chunky in a blender)
3 kiwis peeled and diced
1 pint blueberries (quartered)
2 apples peeled and diced.

Mix all together and chill until serving.  It's a good idea to let it sit for several hours before serving just so it marinates.

Now you'll need something to dip into this fruity delightful-ness.

How about some Cinnamon & Sugar Tortilla Chips?

Spray a 10 pack of flour tortillas with spray butter and then sprinkle with a cinnamon/sugar mix.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes.  Store in an airtight container or baggie if you aren't serving right away so that they stay crisp.

Here's a look at what was leftover after the guests left.  I will be eating this at work tomorrow.
Please try this out.  I promise you'll love it.  I will be making this for any event I possibly can this summer.

What can I make it for next?

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I LOVED this salsa, I could have eaten the whole bowl, I think I will make it for friday. Had a great time last night, thanks for hosting.

Angie said...

This was good and so were the tortillas. You are a regular Martha Stewart!
Kisses