Aren't they cute in the picture? Love. love. love.
So I busted out the recipe for the party this week.
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Red food coloring
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate mini morsels
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 1/2 to 2 tbsp water
Green food coloring
1. Beat butter and shortening in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg, milk and vanilla, mixing until blended.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Add a small amount of red food coloring to dough to color as desired. Beat on low speed until blended.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
I added a lot of red food coloring because I wanted them to be true watermelon color.
6. Press several chocolate mini morsels into each cookie. Repeat with remaining dough.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes (do not brown)
(I didn't have mini morsels so I had to cut the big chocolate chips-so not as cute)
Have a great Thursday!