• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Decked Out

I know I have a lot of things I could have done to be productive today.  But I kind of took a day off of my time off.  Yes.  I meant that.  Instead of doing a project or running errands, or being social, I spent the entire day out on my deck.  Solo.

In the winter I glance wistfully at the deck and can't wait to sit out there in the warm sun.  And then it gets warm and I seem to be so busy running around that I don't utilize it as much as I would like.  That's what happened last summer. 
 The morning consisted of coffee (with my new Keurig) and the Kindle and some music.  It was so nice out.  I did send some work emails so I was semi-productive too.    At noon I went in to work out (Jillian Michaels) and eat some lunch.    I put on my bathing suit and was going to pack up a bag to go to the pool, but then I decided that I'd just stay home and sit outside.  Maybe it was being lazy, but it worked out.
I ended up spending the entire afternoon sitting outside reading and relaxing.  I got some sun and I finished a book.  And I felt really relaxed.  It was great.  I didn't feel guilty about not doing anything else.  There's always tomorrow right?

And my afternoon snack was cherries.  Yum.  I just discovered my fondness for them.  They look pretty, right?
Today was the kind of day that I will think of when there is 17 feet of snow on the ground and wish for. 

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Good for you.