• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Inspirational

Day 15:  A picture of someone who inspires you.

Wow.  This is a hard one.  I get inspired by many people in any given day.  But when I think of something that makes me inspired every time I think of it, it's St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. 

My students raise money for St. Jude every year and I'm the advisor to the group so it's become my absolute favorite charitable organization and place to visit.  I've gone to visit the hospital three different times and I feel so humbled every time I'm there.  The life saving work that occurs there is inspirational and the hospital is magical. Every person that works there is incredible and really believes in the work they do.  Every patient shows courage and pure spirit.  And every person that I've ever heard speak about St. Jude has been positive about their experience with the hospital.  It's just inspiring to know that such hope exists for the right reason--to save children and help them have a chance to grow up and experience life.  I don't think there is anything that inspires me more than hope.  I truly do love St. Jude!

No comments: