• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Rocker

Day 24:  A picture of something that means a lot to you.

This rocking chair belonged to my Grandma G.  She was a teacher and this was in her classroom.  She gave it to me a few years ago and I treasure it.  My Grandma is a great woman and I look up to her.  She and I went to the same college and both were in the elementary education program.  I love that we share that common bond.  Although I loved teaching little kids, my career took a different turn and I have ended up being in higher education.  But I feel that I teach my students every single day and I love my career as much as I think Grandma did.  So every time I look at the rocking chair I think of her and how I hope to be the kind of teacher she was. 

No comments: