• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Friday, September 19, 2008

The Best Compliment

What's the best compliment you've ever received?

For me, the best compliment I've received is about my organization skills. For real. Don't get me wrong, I love to hear that my bag is cute, or that I'm nice or whatever but I really feel good about myself when someone notices my love for being organized.

Example, my supervisor walked in my office and noted "Your office is the neatest I've ever seen." Translation: You don't mess around, girl.

So I don't say this because I want to boast. I say this because I actually really enjoy the process of organizing just about anything. It's like doing a puzzle. It's satisfying. And I'd like to share my love for it with others. I'd like to be a pro organizer (as a hobby, not a career) and help others make order in their physical surroundings. I'd really like to host my own organizing show on HGTV or at the very least appear on Clean House or Clean Sweep. I've toyed with this idea for a while now and I haven't done much to make that happen. It's okay, I don't think it's the time just yet.

So why am I talking about this? Well, it's because a few days ago, my friend told me that she had been at a meeting on campus and they were coming up with professional development topics to present to faculty/staff and someone in the group suggested that they ask me to do a session on organizing. And apparently someone else chimed in that it was a good idea because they've seen my office. I know both of these people and I like them but we aren't in the same work circles at all so I was actually pretty flattered by this suggestion. And I'm not sure if they are really going to ask but it's nice to know that my name came up for that topic. And it was nice of my friend to tell me. She knew I would be happy to hear it.

Now I find myself thinking of things I'd like to touch on in an hour long presentation. I might just drop some organizing tips from time to time to test it out. Consider yourself warned. :)

But no tips tonight because it's Friday and I'm ready to relax with some celebrity gossip magazines on the couch. Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

C said...

That is a fantastic presentation idea. I want to attend. You can say that I'm your assistant on big projects. Like when we organized an entire corporation. From scratch. If there was one testament I'd give, it would be about New Year's Eve 2003, the day after we moved into this house. I would have cried without your guidance.