• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Warning

Had a good weekend. Saturday was going to be the day I finally ventured to the Fenimore Art Museum, but it seems that that is only interesting to me. So I didn't end up going. I've rescheduled it for October 11th (just in case anyone is interested). Don't fear, I didn't waste the weekend. I did still end up going to Brewery Ommegang with Tara and Kathleen and her daughter Annemarie. We had a good time. It was the fall fest so we walked around and did the Brewery tour. It's just nice to get out of town and do something different.

While there, I picked up this cute little bag at a craft vendor. While admiring it, the vendor told me that it was made from a place mat. Intriguing. I had to have it so I could possibly make more. For gifts. Maybe for you. When I learn to use my sewing machine.

I came home from Cooperstown and decided that I was too tired to do anything more social because I've either got a cold or I'm suffering from some sort of crazy allergies. So I settled in to watch Baby Mama. Cute movie. Glad I didn't go see it in a theatre but happy to be laying on my couch watching it.

Today was a lazy Sunday. I still didn't feel great so I slept a lot. I finished my book in between napping. I finally got up and went to a program on campus and came home and made Grandma Green's mac and cheese and baked cookies for work tomorrow. Anyway, after my domestic triumph I was washing dishes and I washed this plate that I had picked up at the dollar store a while back. I got it to be a cat food plate. I don't love it and I don't have a matching one so I rarely use it. (I like the cats to have matching plates when they eat--I know it's weird.) But I did use it this weekend.


So I was washing it and turned it over and this is what I read:


Um, what? No wonder it's a dollar store plate. I've never seen that on any dishware. It's now safely in the trash where it will no longer cause a threat to kitties or me. I want to know exactly what kind of chemicals are in this plate? Yikes. And why is it only known to the state of California?

Hope you all had a nice weekend! And for those of you interested, yesterday was my one month mark. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this plate... is scary.


and congrats on your one month mark. you're amazing!

Angie said...

love the cute purse and congrats on one month :)

Jaded Jill said...

You go girl... I am proud of you!

C said...

Damn! Yet another one of my plots foiled...your time will come. Oh, it will.