• Fashion is about what you wear. Style is about how you live your life. ~Ralph Lauren

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Crazy Cat Lady

Yesterday I stopped by the SPCA on my way home to play with the cats. Unfortunately, I can't adopt any more animals right now so I figured I'd go visit. I've been thinking about volunteering with animals so I figured I'd inquire about that while I was there.

I stayed for about an hour. There were some really sweet cats and it made me sad that they don't have anyone to love them yet. I didn't even make it out to see the dogs. A girl can only take so much.

(I've often thought about the unfair assessment of people (especially women) that love cats. We can't talk about our feline friends without someone making a comment about our status as the "crazy cat lady" But people send out pictures of their dogs on Christmas cards and we find it adorable. I'm not the kind of person that wants to get my pictures done at Sears with my cats in tow, but I would like to think that it's just as acceptable for me to like my cats as the person that buys a Coach collar for their dog. I love dogs too and I hope to have several of them when I have a big backyard. But right now, I'm happy to have two spoiled cats. And that doesn't make me the crazy cat lady.)

Back to the SPCA. Not only do they like volunteers, they also need supplies:

Towels
Blankets
Sheets
Paper Towels
Bleach
Sponges
Laundry detergent
Canned cat/dog food
Dog/cat treats
Dog/cat toys
Highlighters
Sharpie Markers
Copy Paper
Pens
Post Its
So if you happen to be cleaning out your house and come across any of these items save them for a shelter. And those of you in O-town, I'll be glad to take them over there for you.
Have a good week!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I don't think your a crazy cat lady and I will get some stuff together for you to take to the shelter.